Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 170: Calling Customer Service

This past week my blender broke. My blender is something I use everyday to blend my SHAKEOLOGY.
My husband was making a SHAKEOLOGY last week and the blades broke off of my Kithen Aid blender.

I am typically the kind of person who just throws a broken product away and buys a new one. Since one of my goals is to reduce my debt - I thought why purchase something if it can a part could be replaced? I had on my to do list today to call Kitchen Aid about a replacement part.

I ended up going online and doing a live chat with a customer service representative. After she got my information she said Kitchen Aid would be sending me a completely new blender! All they asked was that I send my blender back in the package my new one comes (they are sending a shipping label too) with so they can see what happened. Not a problem at all - I can do that!

I love that Kitchen Aid stood behind their product! So thank you Kitchen Aid! The next time I am in the market for another item that Kitchen Aid makes - I will remember their customer service and opt for the Kitchen Aid brand.

Lesson learned: When a product fails - call the customer service line! And from now on I am keeping receipts and dates of purchase on appliance items neatly filed away!


  1. Facebook postings
·        DYS
·        CFA
·        GFWJ
·        CES
·        St. B
·        other:
  1. Vitamin D supplement
  2. Call Kitchen Aid about blender - C
  3. Track WW points - C
  4. Update TDL on blog - C
  5. Update blog post - C
  6. Write tomorrows TDL
  7. What's for Dinner? - C (chicken, rice and broccoli!)
  8. Workout: Push 1 - Changed workout to a a 2mile run - Complete!
  9. 15 min. in Zone
  10. Delete 25 emails from yahoo account - C
  11. CFA ( 2hrs.)
·        Check awesome note for TD’s

No comments: