Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 10/11: Clutter

I am not a candidate for TLC "Hoarding Buried Alive" or even Style Channels "Clean House" but I certainly can use some help with managing my "piles" (that is what my Hubby calls them).  You know, those places in your home that seem to be a magnet for paper and stuff you have no place for.  My husband swears if we were not married I would have twenty cats and have a small walkway between rooms. I usually give him a dirty look when he says this to me. The Flylady refers to these places at "Hot Spots". Well I got a few. Most of my "Hot Spots" seem to attract paper.

One of my first babysteps to managing the "piles/hot spots" is simply to be conscious of and list where these places are are for me so the next time I go to put something down I know I am being a Clutter Bug!!

Here are my "Hot Spots"s - Where are yours?
  1. Top of the wine refrigerator
  2. Dining room table
  3. Buffet
  4. Top of chest in living room.
  5. Command Central
  6. The cupboard above the toaster
  7. When all else is cluttered...the book shelf!
  8. The banister at the top of the steps (hand clothes I don't put away)
Babystep 2:
This week I will schedule 15 minutes a day to clear these spots! I know this will have the biggest impact on my home and my marriage (it annoys the hell out of my husband to see this clutter! )

Babystep 3:
My third babystep this week will be to put two boxes in my laundry room. One sell box and one donation box. With Hubby and I working on the living room I know their will be stuff to get rid of! It can't sit around for weeks!

HOME TIP: We have all put a box together of stuff to donate only to leave it in the back of the car for weeks on end or maybe it never even gets that far! Go to http://www.gooddonor.org/ and schedule to have your donation picked up! Be sure to put the pick up on your calendar!


Saturday/Sunday, November 27 & 28, 2010

  1. Reread "Paper Clutter: You Don't Have to Save Everything!" - C
  2. Buy Paint (My hubby and I need to repaint wall damaged in a snow storm last February!! About time. This should have been on my TDL months ago.) - C
  3. Work (1 hr.) - C 3 hrs. completed!!
  4. Work on living room! (need it done asap so we can get up the Christmas Tree!!) - C (I had to clean out a roll top desk that has been in the living room. Wow! This desk held so much STUFF!! I tossed so much junk! It felt awesome! I already cotacted www.gooddonor.org to pick up my "get rid" of stuff on Thursday!! Bye bye clutter!)
  5. Review the Holiday Guide from the paper and schedule fun Holiday events for the family!! - C

Always TD:
  1. What's for dinner? Sat. Date with Hubby! Going out!/Sunday Chicken Noodle Soup - C (decided to stay in last night and save $. Dave Ramsey would be proud!)
  2. Refer to weekly calendar. AM/PM - C
  3. Put new apt. on the calendar C
  4. Clear Command Central (desk) -
  5. Make Monday TDL -

Scheduled Activities:

  1. Birthday Party 12:15 - leave by 11:30 - C
  2. Drop the Children off at Grandparents! Slumber party!! - C
  3. Sunday/Church - C


No comments: