Me being an all or nothing kind of girl need to take the idea babysteps to heart and make it my motto. In the past when I decide its finances I am going to conquer I will spend a day working on charts, budgets etc. only to burn out a week into it. No more! I know by adding a babsteps towards each of my respective secondary resolutions each day will get me where I want to be in 365 days!
Just today I had on my TDL write a list of all the bills I pay each month. It took me 10 minutes!! I did not spend all day buried in charts and graphs! 10 minutes is very doable even for the busiest of people!Tomorrow I will add to my TDL to begin looking up each billing account, passwords, date due, typical payment and add it to a spreadsheet so I can begin my budget and have the information handy to set up online bill pay through my bank. I will up my time dedicated to this task to 15 minutes a day and I will be on my way to having my budget done! Babysteps!!
Flylady says "When you catch yourself wanting to jump ahead, I want you to think about learning to walk and be satisfied with your babysteps!"
Go take those babysteps!!
Friday, November 26
To Do List:
- Look/purchase wall sticker for room. -C
- Purchase paint for living room. - (Moving to Sat. Morning )
- Work minimum of 2 hours. - C
- Clear off chest under the clock. - C
- Write a list of all the bills I pay each month. (time to start with the budget!) - C
- Write Mom & Dad Thank you note!
- Check on homeowners payment. - C
- Take back DVD to Redbox - C
- Make list of groceries needed to round out what is in the fridge! - C
- Pick up groceries. - C
- Put away 2 loads of laundry - C
- Update Beachbody order - C
- Write Finance Tab: My Steps to Success - C
- What's for dinner? New Recipe Asparagus Mushroom Primavera!! - C
- Refer to weekly calendar. AM/PM - C
- Put new apt. on the calendar - C
- Clear Command Central (desk) - C
- Make Saturday/Sunday TDL - C
- None - C