Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 9: Babysteps - Advice to an All or Nothing Kind of Girl

There is a common thread of advice throughout each of my experts books - babysteps! The Flylady and Dave Ramsey both use that exact word "babysteps" many times. Whereas my house, finances and buttocks did not get out of shape in a day it will take babysteps each day until I reach my stride to achieve each of my secondary resolutions.

Me being an all or nothing kind of girl need to take the idea babysteps to heart and make it my motto. In the past when I decide its finances I am going to conquer I will spend a day working on charts, budgets etc. only to burn out a week into it.  No more! I know by adding a babsteps towards each of my respective secondary resolutions each day will get me where I want to be in 365 days!

Just today I had on my TDL write a list of all the bills I pay each month. It took me 10 minutes!! I did not spend all day buried in charts and graphs! 10 minutes is very doable even for the busiest of people!Tomorrow I will add to my TDL to begin looking up each billing account, passwords, date due, typical payment and add it to a spreadsheet so I can begin my budget and have the information handy to set up online bill pay through my bank. I will up my time dedicated to this task to 15 minutes a day and I will be on my way to having my budget done! Babysteps!!

Flylady says "When you catch yourself wanting to jump ahead, I want you to think about learning to walk and be satisfied with your babysteps!"

Go take those babysteps!!


Friday, November 26

To Do List:

  1. Look/purchase wall sticker for room. -C
  2.  Purchase paint for living room. - (Moving to Sat. Morning )
  3.  Work minimum of 2 hours. - C
  4. Clear off chest under the clock. - C
  5. Write a list of all the bills I pay each month. (time to start with the budget!) - C
  6. Write Mom & Dad Thank you note!
  7. Check on homeowners payment. - C
  8. Take back DVD to Redbox - C
  9. Make list of groceries needed to round out what is in the fridge! - C
  10. Pick up groceries. - C
  11. Put away 2 loads of laundry - C
  12. Update Beachbody order - C
  13. Write Finance Tab: My Steps to Success - C
Always TD:
  1. What's for dinner? New Recipe Asparagus Mushroom Primavera!! - C
  2. Refer to weekly calendar. AM/PM - C
  3. Put new apt. on the calendar C
  4. Clear Command Central (desk) - C
  5. Make Saturday/Sunday TDL - C
Scheduled Activities:

  1. None - C

No comments: