Looking back it was the greatest thing that could have happened. My husband and I decided that we would figure out how to make it work and have me stay home with my son (and now daughter). I have not made millions working from home. I did and do make enough to help contribute to putting food on the table and more. I have a goal to contribute even more to our family income - from home!
I will be very honest - I did miss one element of the staying home and making our funds work. I should have made a budget and stuck to it. I was foolish. I won't make that mistake again. We did ecru some debt. That was simply because of overspending. I could have easily made it work with what we were earning.
Don't let that happen to you. If you need help in this area please read Dave Ramseys book The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness .
I am going to write a series of articles over the next weeks and post in February. If you are a stay at home mom and are curious about how to make money from home be sure to check in with the blog. I want to share what worked for me. Not only do I think my experience will work for the SAHM - it would work for anyone wanting to start their own business on the side. I do not claim to be an expert but I think sharing my insight as to what has worked for me might spawn ideas for you. Anyone can do it!
Please email me any questions you may have to email@example.com. I will work to answer those questions in the postings.
- Make my TDL for 365 Days
- Work towards goal to make $1k average per week at home business.
Tuesday, January 18
To Do List: (Modified b/c the Children are home from school - icey day!)
- Type up J's story for school. - C
- Email About the Author and Essay to contact. - C
- Fill out paperwork for J's school - C
- WW Weigh- In (Cancelled - Not driving in the ice.) - C
- Watch Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Challenge - C
- Complete today and finishs yesterdays (needed more time for it) 30 Day Challenge Assignment - C
- Track on UPS my new ChaLEAN Extreme extra videos!! - C
- Post TDL on blog. - C
- Post post on blog. -C
- Complete anything from yesterday TDL that did not get done.
- Figure out how to have someone officially make them me their coach.* - C
- Set up conference call with my coach - C*
- Make sure all info. is set so I can order business cards. -* - C
- f/u calls to
- Perry Hall/Joppa - C
- Nottingham - C
- Martin Plaza - C
- f/u call to Rehab Center - C
- Make decision on other donation request
- Prep for meeting tomorrow.
- Prepare marketing spreadsheet for brainstorm meeting.
- Grocery store - C
- Work on Flylady - Zone 3 - C (worked in in 1 hour!!)