Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 19: Working on the Budget

I spent more than my scheduled 15 minutes allotted to work on my budget and I got a lot accomplished. I really want to get this kicking. It is vital to my sanity and stress level. The budget is 90% complete. I have a couple more numbers I need to verify and then will be off to a fresh start come January 1!

Immediately I am slashing the grocery budget. This is one spot in the budget I knew I could make a quick immediate impact. To date I have spent $256 of my $720 December allowance for grocerys. I will keep you all posted. It keeps me honest. What am I doing to keep to my grocery budget:

  1. Shop one time per week.
  2. Base meals on what is on sale.
  3. Use coupons. (I have a lot to say about coupons. More to come on that subject.)
More news..
I am very proud that I sold a box of old ink cartridges on craigslist. A friend was going to toss the ink. I said I would take it. The box has sat next to my desk for months. That is until I put it on my TDL!
I looked up how much each ink cartridge cost and put together an ad for craigslist. I got a few hits but I think they were bogus. Last night I got an email from a gentleman checking to see if I by chance still had them.
I sold them for $75!! That $ will go right to the credit card!!  Post office is on the TDL tomorrow!! I have to mail him the ink!!

What do you have laying around that you could sell and make moola?

To Do List:

  • Make Christmas Shopping List- Started...not complete.
  • Open account for emergency fund. - NC (I want to put the money in different bank than where I keep my checking. I need to decide on a bank.)
  • Check Lowes for pickup of rug. - C
  • 15 minute paper declutter - C (threw away a bunch!)
  • 15 minutes on budget. - C
  • Work 1/2 hour on Volunteer Job - C
  • Work 2-3 hrs. - NC (only 1/2 hr.)
  • ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 1! -C
  • Cleaning out the children's sock drawer. - NC
  • Purchase gifts for Church Christmas donation - C
  • Check out bday party idea at Michaels - C

Always To Do:
  1. What's for dinner? Pork Tenderloin, Rice & Broccoli
  2. Refer to weekly calendar. AM/PM -  C
  3. Put new apt. on the calendar C
  4. Clear Command Central (desk) -  C
  5. Make Tuesday TDL - C
  6. Any thank you notes to write? - Yes! - C (I wrote a note to a friend who passed me down some snow boots for my little girl.) and have another to add to the list! - C
Scheduled Activities:
  1. Drop off/Pick up from School - C

No comments: