This evening I took my last four bank statements and calculated my grocery costs each month so I could project what I need to put in the monthly budget. I always use my debit card for grocery's so it was easy to track. All I can say is -- WOW!! I had know idea how much I was spending on grocery's. My monthly average is $900 for a family of four.
I think this budget category is one that has lots of flexibly. I am going to work so hard to to drop this monthly average by 20%. It might even need to be more once all is said and done when looking at total monthly expenses. Expect to read a lot about how I am going to get this budget category down!
If you don't know how much you spend on grocery's each month - figure it out!! Even if you do know - what can you do to save money each month on grocery's?
More to come on this subject!
To Do List:
- Purchase tickets for Mount Vernon Tour - NC
- Work (as many hrs. as I can sneak in.) - 2.5 hrs. so far - C
- 15 min. paper declutter - C
- Bag stuff for Thursday pickup - PRIORITY!! - C and will do even more!!
- ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 2 - COMPLETED!! WHOOT! WHOOT!
- Lunch with my little girl!! - C
- (1) Load of laundry (washed, dried & put away.) - C
- 15 minutes on budget - C (more like 25)
- What's for dinner? - NC so had to order pizza! Not a good thing!!
- Refer to weekly calendar. AM/PM - C
- Put new apt. on the calendar - C
- Clear Command Central (desk) - Needs a good 20 minutes. - c
- Make Thursday TDL - C
- Any thank you notes to write? Y Two to Write!! - C
- Dropoff/Pickup from School - C