Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 39: Back to a Somewhat Normal Routine

This morning it was back to a somewhat normal routine. I started the day off with doing my scheduled workout.  It felt so good to get back to it. I was very sore from playing the Kinect games with my children all weekend!  Thank goodness I have been working out for about a month otherwise I probably would not have been able to walk after Kinect boxing, track and field, adventures and soccer. Even when you are sore - just press play on the DVD player ore head to the gym and get moving.

Last week my sister sent me a message letting me know Chalene Johnson (if you read my health tab you will know she was the inspiration behind me creating this 365 day TDL challenge) is doing a 30 day to do list challenge starting in January.

I am thrilled and joined her group to be part of the challenge. I am really looking forward to her expert advice on how she creates, incorporates and uses a TDL. She is a very successful woman so I am looking forward to implementing her suggestions in my existing routine and to refine my daily TDL.  I will be blogging about it here.

If you are interested in her expert advice join the group by clicking on Chalene Johnson 30 Day Challenge.

In addition I will post on how I am changing routines or finding better ways to do things that are my time killers. I would love readers to share how they are finding those things that just never get accomplished and how you have taken control. Let's face it we can put anything on our TDL but if it does not work for us then it is pointless.

Let me give you an example:  I broke my ankle back in college and it is a weak part of my body.  I have tried running - seems like a great way to get in shape! Every time I start a running program my ankles just kill me and I stop exercising. Not good! I went out of my way to find an exercise program that would not irritate my ankles or knees. I found that in ChaLEAN Extreme. Now I have a program I CAN do. I can schedule  the ChaLEAN Extreme workouts on my TDL!

Let me give you one other example. One of my biggest time killers is laundry! From the very beginning doing laundry was put on my TDL. My normal laundry routine was not working. Either my laundry had to be rewashed because I forgot it in the washing machine or it was a wrinkled mess because I left it in the dryer. Most likely it sat in a laundry basket - maybe folded or maybe in a crumpled mess.

I first set out to do a load a day. This just dragged out the pain for me. Certain loads (towels/sheets) are OK to do a single load. Clothes - ugh! I learned I would rather bust it out.  It is going to stay on the TDL until it becomes as natural to me as brushing my teeth.

My Laundry Routine:
1: Clothing (dark clothes, light colored clothes and white clothes) - Busting out the laundry!
  • I have four small laundry baskets - one for each member of the family. 
  • Wash all clothing loads, dry and fold!
  • Once all clothing loads  folded the baskets get taken up to the appropriate rooms.
  • As the kids get their baths at night and get on pj's I go room to room and  put away the clean laundry.
  • Ta da!! Complete.
2: Towels & Sheets

  • I work the one off loads into my weekly schedule. I am sure to wash, dry and put away in the same day!

Laundry might not be a problem for some. It really was for me! Part of the issue was and is cleaning out drawers with clothes that don't fit etc. Be sure to keep cleaning out your drawers. Then there is always room for your clean laundry!

A Flylady tip: Cleaning out your drawers does not have to be done in one day. Schedule 15 minutes a day and put it on your TDL. Next thing you know...ta da!! Clean drawers!



Monday, December 27
To Do List:

  • ChaLEAN Extreme - Burn it Off - C
  • ChaLEAN Extreme  - Recharge - C
  • Take 30 day photos (to track ChaLEAN Extreme Progress) - C
  • Work with my son on learning to count money/change - C
  • Update blog - C
  • Read an article about blogging (I want to get better at this.) - C
  • Straighten children's rooms (with their help) and upstairs bath - C
  • Make a list of thank you notes we need to write. - C
  • Make work TDL - C
  • Review FlyLady's Zone 5 Cleaning List & revise to fit my home. - C (now I need to type it up.)
Always To Do:
  1. What's for dinner? - Pork Chops, vegetable & rice - C
  2. Refer to weekly calendar. AM/PM -  C
  3. Put new apt. on the calendar  C
  4. Clear Command Central (desk) -   C
  5. Make Tuesday TDL - C
  6. Any thank you notes to write? -  Yes!
Scheduled To Do:

  1. None

No comments: